We hear stories all the time about just about anything, people add bits to stories and as they move along it becomes fact, when in reality it’s just a story. When it comes to hair there are so many stories that are simply not true nor have any factual context at all. Here are some!
Fact or fiction on hair
- If you color your hair, it will fall out? False in fact there is more chance of being hit by a plane landing on your house than your hair falling out from colouring. It can break off if it’s not done properly but falling out is unlikely
- Cutting your hair makes it grow faster? No false, your hair grows regardless it may be healthy if you get regular trims ( every 6-8 weeks ) but growth happens under the scalp so nothing to do with the ends. Split ends left can travel up the hair shaft and break off but the growth remains the same.
- The more you colour your hair the more grey comes? False, if you cover it over time you will have more grey it’s simply hidden.
- Washing your hair causes hairfall? False! Hair has a life cycle and once it’s complete it falls out and grows again. If you keep in mind approx 100 hairs a day fall regardless and you wash it every 3rd day then expect 200-300 hairs come out of your hairstyle when you wash it. When you apply conditioner it closes the cuticle and makes it more slippery against the other hair, so the hair that’s fallen out but stuck will come loose then also. It’s not the product!
- Shaving a child’s head to grow it thicker? False cutting hair has absolutely nothing to do with the texture of the growth ( which is Dna and created under the skin ) whilst it may look or feel thicker it is simply because all the hair is then the same length. It does not make it grow any thicker, faster or change the way it will be at all!
Hope that’s has helped clear up some hair myths for you ✌🏻