There are moments that a little fade is normal and expected, hair has the capacity at times to retain color if the condition is right and Maintainence is sorted.
Then there are times when fading is not acceptable. Now with so many so called Beauty experts, beauty bloggers, mothers and grandmothers it’s hard to know who to listen too or who to trust and depending on who you ask or at what time as to the answer you get.
We like to think of ourselves as experts and I guess studying for 4 years full time to call ourselves “Hairstylists” gives us the right to tell you what to believe. It’s not a gage of who knows best but if the color is meant to be done by hairstylists one would imagine that they know how it should be maintained?
A few things to consider to prevent your color from fading
- The depth and longevity of your color is determined amoungst other factors varied on the condition and color your colouring over ( if it’s been bleeched white, you can not expect the hair to hold the same as natural hair for example )
- Your shampoo has to change, SLS & Parabin free shampoo has been around for years, it’s not a fad nor are the benifits a myth. We use Alfa Parf which there range is SLS free
- Never use OIL NEVER EVER! Coats your hair, heats up hair and causes it to become brittle and color will fade.
- Always condition!
- Trim every 6-8 weeks
- Don’t go over the ends every time (only when it needs it and that would be like once a year!)
- Water quality & Chlorine from swimming plays a large part in it also so try to avoid hard water and pools or better still put it in a cap and use a little uv protection to help chemical absorbing.
Got a problem with your color? Ask us anything we are happy to help.
Give us a shout!