If you live in India chances are it does for several reasons, could be the pollution, all the treatments or services you are doing that you don’t need or it could be a build up of pollutants from the water.
Because of the population there is possibly always going to be s pollution issue, unless we all change our garbage Habbits it will take several lifetimes ( do your bit to recycle and compost and not litter before you complain about it )
But we are here to talk about hair so let’s, we see a lot of people doing this or that service simply because it’s on offer or told to them they need it when they actually know they don’t. Not sure why but they just go for it thinking, what harm could it do!
Too much of anything is not good! If you’re getting color for example, putting it through the ends every few weeks is a sure way to end up long term with hair that’s frizzy, dehydrated and split. Then once it is in bad shape you do a keratin treatment in the hope that will make it shinny and smooth.
Now separately they both are true but when you do them both, one to fix what the other has done ( due to improper application ) then you are asking for problems and there will only be one solution…… ✂
So how can you make sure your hair stays healthy and not need constant SOS every 6 months?
- Only color regrowth, the ends can be 1-1.5 shades lighter than roots this actually looks natural.
- Don’t do rebonding if you have any color in your hair
- Only do keratin if you need it, it is not going to add moisture it relaxes the internal structure of your hair, giving you 30% less frizz and curl.
- Trim your hair every 6-8 weeks
- Use a SLS & SLES free shampoo daily followed by a conditioner.
- Do not apply oil, ever. This build up sure it makes it shinny but dehydrates the hair
- When blowdrying don’t over heat the hair, use heat protection products and only iron lightly
- Protein or moisture treatments after every color to balance out the moisture.
If you feel the water quality is causing your hair damage or just want to be sure, rinse your hair in filtered water prior to getting out of the shower.