Your goal was mermaid hair or it could have been just a nice vibrant color either way it’s not going to last unless you look after it!
There are numerous reasons why your color might fade and here they are, they are all important and some colours just won’t last long even though you think you are doing everything right.
- Shampoo is super important and if you are using a harsh shampoo then it will strip the color faster than you can get yourself a selfie. Use a Sulfate free shampoo!
- Conditioner, yes girl you like it full, good for you but if you don’t close your cuticle then the color which you put inside the hair will wash out because the cuticle ( the outside later which gets closed by using conditioner ) is left open for the color to fade!
- If your hair has been abused to the point it’s Brocken chances are no matter what you do the color simply won’t take let alone stay in.
- If you are using an anti dandruff shampoo, kiss your color goodbye!
- Over exposure to sun, salt water lightens the hair and removes color.
- Too much excessive heat ( irons and over drying )
- Using oil will cause the cuticle to expand damaging the strength ( sure it may make it look shinny) but will in turn cause the color to escape.
- If your ends are split and you constantly don’t want to remove split ends chances are the color on the ends will fade faster than the rest!
- Too much prior chemical treatments your cuticle will not have the strength to close and the color will fade.
So if you have taken the time and money to get a color then protect it so it looks good as long as possible.