Getting your hair done exactly the way you want is hard and at times impossible and it seriously shouldn’t be. While some go down the “let me tell the hairdresser what to do step by step” and others say very little and hope for the best.
We believe that there is a middle ground and as Artists that are being asked to create art on your hair we have a detailed consultation prior to doing anything.
Look for a hairstylist that you feel comfortable with, stalk them on google and social media after all that’s what it’s for! Once you have done your research and happy then make a booking and follow the below!
There can be differences in terminology and filters so we go out of our way to synchronise to ensure we are all on the same page before starting. Typically everyone’s version of short, long, medium, blonde and brown is and will always be very different. It’s like a woman with waist length hair that’s black telling a hairstylist with a shaved head that’s bleached platinum white she wants it short and light! You really have to understand the filters which everyone’s is different!
Here are a few things to get you ready for your next Salon Visit
- Reference photo’s, ideally 2 or 3 but remember a few things here. Don’t randomly save photos that don’t match or have any synergy with each other. If you have a direction be clear in your thoughts. Keep in mind the majority of images on line have or at least could be edited in tone, shade and reflection so try and get few options of the same tone to be sure.
- Maintainence and upkeep have to be a point of discussion. While you may love a certain look, you may also not be prepared to be locked into 3-4 week visits. Keep in mind cost & time to upkeep, if you are ok with it then it’s fine. Usually a similar effect may be able to be achieved that’s less Maintainence, ask for options.
- If you want it to look natural, understand it needs variation in tone and hue, both vertically as well as horizontally, no one’s hair is naturally all the same color and tone from roots to ends!
- When you are getting a haircut, it’s important that you are honest when it comes to styling it, we can cut it in such a way it moves in the direction you want it too and we will show you how to manage it. If you intend not to do anything, then tell your hairstylist so we can help find a style and plan that ticks that box for you.
- Trust us, if you have done your homework and found us, trust that we know what we are doing. It may take us several visits to get the desired result due to condition and maintaining the integrity of your hair but understand we don’t over promise, we will always be keeping it real to ensure the end result speaks volumes about our work.
Hope that helps and remember, consultations are free!