When it comes to a Afro aka “Fro” the bigger the better!
Check out Dito’s Fro yourself
Getting the texture right to encourage more curl and the ultimate fullness is the trick, let’s be honest guys are typically a tad lazy when it comes to a haircare routine although that’s changing!
Cutting curly hair can disrupt the curl and by cutting it dry and using our dry texture curl cutting technique it enhances the curl and fullness so you can be the laziest mofo in town but it’s still going to stand tall!
If you have curly hair and live it ( which you should ) come talk to us and find out if we can help you take that beast and have hair that makes the craziest lion jealous 🦁
Best products to use
- Moisturiser, a leave it light spray
- A serum, leave in to close the cuticle but water soluble so it doesn’t weigh it down
- Sulfate free shampoo & always condition
Now before you all stand up and say anything let’s be honest and understand that anything you do is not going to be an overnight thing!
You can make it appear thicker, you can have it cut so it sits fuller, you can use product to give you volume, you can have a good balanced diet and healthy lifestyle to encourage the best growth possible. You can’t take a pill and somehow grow thicker hair, sorry not sorry.
The right cut can add volume and help with the appearance to make it look like you have more hair as well as a few tricks on styling can help dramatically. Having shorter layers whilst you may think it’s the way to get more fullness on the top and your so called ” bounce” it also takes hair away from the lower parts making it look thinner or hacked when you put it in a pony tail.
Best to discuss this next time your in the salon.
There is never a day go by that someone doesn’t walk into a salon in some corner of the world and want hairstylists to perform miracles by adding volume. Yes it’s not always the most suitable fave shape to carry it off but we all want what we want right?
So let’s just imagine by adding fullness it will suit your face shape.
Dropping a few tricks to help you out so your not having to sleep upside down hoping it stays like that during the day.
- Shampoo your hair regularly so oiliness doesn’t build up.
- Use a light conditioner only on ends
- A volumizing powder really really works, adds volume for hours
- Dry your hair upside down or standing upright lifting it directly vertical when styling.
- Dry shampoo helps give a little grit to the hair adding volume.
- If the weight is heavy no matter what you do it will go flop, add layers or texture it helps.
- Remove some length this will lighten the load and help give it more volume.
The right cut can make all the difference but a little tool like “dust it” by Label M helps create the fullness that maintains the shape longer. Get some hands on tricks and suggestions from your stylist next time you get a blow out.