The temperature is on the rise and as a community announcement we thought we needed to remind you of a few hair care FACTS
It’s true, we all believe what we want to believe but there is fact and fiction.
Here are a few more common things that do more harm than good and you should not do!
- Oil on your hair, leaves a film which accelerates heat dehydrating the hair causing damage like split ends, color fading and possible scalp bacteria hence actually could lead to hair loss!
- Onion juice, no seriously apart from the smell ( which FYI is disgusting for days! ) doesn’t nothing for your hair, the thought that the juice somehow penetrates into the skin through to to the root of the hair and does anything is beyond realistic!
- Rubbing ginger on your scalp, again 🤐 it creates warmth on your scalp which makes you think it’s beneficial but nothing
- Fish oil………creates and breeds bacteria and is possibly the most anti social DIY Ever heard of
- Egg 🍳- hair outside your scalp is dead keratin. Fry it put it in between two pieces of hair and eat it!
- Beer 🍻 the yeast in beer sweeps the cuticle making it appear shinny hence you think it help. Yeast is bacteria, bacteria breeds infection so drink it.
Hope that helps in understanding the facts when it comes to Summer hair care!
Start summer with a trim, remove the split ends, rehydrate using a linseed treatment ( which your hair will love! ) and repeat process every 6-8 weeks.
So here it is a token DIY post because we live in a material world and the land of no budgets, everyone wants a solution that even as far fetched it may, just may work wonders!
But guess what, it doesn’t. The reality is this if you want to shave your head please feel free to do it at home, I do lol. If you think you can cut your bangs, well we don’t charge our clients for that anyway so why on earth would you?
If your thinking of coloring, chances are to get the right color you would need to invest more money in total than what it would cost for us to do it. But if you did do it then chances are ( not saying your not awesome but some things take years to learn can’t be learnt on YouTube )
Using food, oils and all sorts of mixtures as a miracle treatment for damaged hair? Reality is foods and oils in fact can create bacteria on the scalp which in turn may end up causing either hair loss or dry scalp! There are two treatments we recommend 1. linseed treatments by Alfa Parf 2.Olaplex if the hair is fried dead!
We encourage you to blow it out by yourself and are always here to rectify if when things go south. If your on a budget and we all are we suggest dropping in having a chat and seeing how the result can be achieved within your limits and get hair you love.