You’ve had the ideal color and you love it, how can you make sure it’s tone stays true between visits?
You color will stay if you do a few basic things and you can not swap and change because your related to the PM live in an upmarket area or think you know your hair better than any hairdresser on the planet so here goes.
- For your color to stay it has a direct link to the condition of your hair. The better condition the better chance the color will fade.
- You have to make sure the cuticle is closed, every time you shampoo you MUST condition.
- Hair spa is somewhat not needed, a treatment that closes and soothes the cuticle is beneficial but doubt weekly is required.
- Sulfate free shampoo ( aka detergent free ) does not strip color or the tone.
- Regular trims, yes every 6 weeks. Why? Well hair that is split that area the color can not hold as the structure is too damaged.
- Your precious colors have an impact to the overall tone and fade of your current look. If you have been lighter and gone darker it can fade and go a little brassy or golden so altering the tone or reflect may be needed when you get your top up.
- Going over all of your hair each time you get your color done is not only a waste of time and money it damages the ends when you should not be doing it. The term “Global Color” is only done on the rare occassion your changing your overall color. Hair should be slightly lighter on the ends. Don’t over use chemicals as this will cause damage hence fade.
For a consultation on what works, what doesn’t and how you can achieve your dream hair give us a call or drop in for a chat.