By now we have all had enough, its been above 40 for the past 3 weeks with the temperature only going to mid 30’s in the early hours of the morning so its no wonder your hair may be feeling a little dehydrated. It can cause color to fade, increase split ends, go frizzy and just make you feel like crap so its a good all round reason to make sure you get on top of it if it hasn’t already.
Here is what you can do right now to top up the moisture levels!
- Book yourself in for a trim 011410100 11 – you should be trimming it every 6 weeks regardless of if you want to grow it or not, it removes damaged ends from heat, sun, styling and life so it can continue to look good
- check the shampoo you are using, use a sulphate free one, its more gentle and will keep moisture levels better than any other shampoo. We use and recommend Alfa Parf, yes we stock it and its for sale
- Stop doing chemical treatments just because everyone else is, possibly the worst treatment you can do is Rebonding or smoothening, some call it different things but the process is the same. Kerating should ONLY be done if there is no other option and will reduce curl and/or frizz but not 100% so be aware of reality vs great before and after images on social media!
- Always condition and use a leave in serum, if your hair gets oils then wash it daily but skipping these two will dry our your hair.
- Don’t take your color through the ends, its not needed and will cause damage.
Hope this helps and remember to cover up your hair in a hat or scarf when your outside, wash it to remove perspiration build up on your scalp which in turn dries out your scalp. Don’t be scared to wash it daily as long as you are using a good product!