It seems like only a moment ago everyone was wanting curly hair but now it’s all about the wave!
Creating waves once you have the hang of it, is easy and there is enough YouTube videos to keep you in front of the laptop for the next few days or weeks.
There are a few things to keep in mind to get the right waves!
- Use a tapered iron or rod, these are best because it creates a tapered curl
- Prep the hair the right way, if you are after super sleek waves then you need to have your hair dry sleek and sectioning will need to be neat!
- Use a sea salt spray to give it a little hold, it’s typically not too firm and you will still be able to get your hands through it. If you are after a sleek wave that doesn’t move, use a little spray on each section after you do it ( little and from a distance )
- Alternate the direction of the curls with each row keeping the front area around your face wound back off your face.
- Once complete, don’t shake it but either run your fingers all through in every direction for a natural finish.
- If you are after a sleek finish then brush it out section by section starting from the bottom getting each section to merge into the previous and spray.
Now if you have shorter hair then you can do it the same way but on wet hair, secure with clips a light spray and wait till it’s dry take clips out and gently brush or comb into place.
Good luck and have fun with it!