Healthy hair is not that hard to get, getting shine is possible for everyone but it comes with a catch and it’s typically going to cost you less and you will spend less time in the salon than you do now!
We hear all sorts of things happen in salons from being told to do “hair spa” treatments weekly to apply oil, both are a waste of time and money ( typically but certainly the oil!!!)
So how do you get shinny hair?
Well instead of treating it like a rug you bought at the local market start treating it like a vintage hand woven rug and you will be on your way. A lot of people we meet have had every service known to mankind ( because they were told it was good for them ) and are now left with dry brittle damaged hair that the only fix is a pair of scissors.
We believe that hair must be respected in order to be healthy both in the salon as well as at home, you can’t expect to get something nice done once then treat it like a rug your washing in the Ganges and expect it to be at its best just because you have somewhere to be tonight. Doesn’t work like that!
- Do less color application, don’t take it through the ends every time, maybe only once a YEAR!
- Keratin is ok but is not a treatment to make your hair healthy, it’s to relax the hair but with the application being done with heat will cause some damage so don’t do it unless you actually need it!
- Getting a blow out done wrong can cause as much damage as a bad color. Your hair should never be burnt into place and in fact majority should be done with cool air and finished off and set into place with cold air to close the cuticle.
- Don’t trust shampoo unless you trust what’s in the bottle. Always condition.
- Don’t use excess heat, wash and leave it once a week without drying or using heat tools.
- Stop flipping your hair around, honestly this entire hair flip business you might think is like a mating call but is more annoying than you can imagine as well as creates unnecessary friction.