For some people think you can literally just pay extra to fix hair that’s ruined, abuse it for months/years then simply pay a little extra or get the new treatment and you have brand new healthy hair but guess what…. you can’t!
Here are a few things you need to do to make sure your hair doesn’t need shaving off and starting again! Some you will think you can skip because, well that’s human nature and you think you can do what you want but if you want healthy hair here goes!
- Trim every 5-6 weeks! Yes you do and no even if you are trying to grow it then ends need to be removed.
- Don’t over dry it or end up burning it with heat tools, a blow out shouldn’t destroy your hair if done correctly but sadly a lot of the time it does!
- Always use conditioner, closes the cuticle making sure the moisture stays in.
- Use a heat protector or serum everyday!
- Wash it every day or every second day.
- Don’t use oil, yes DON’T -it coats the hair, the heat that’s generated from the coating dehydrates the hair and makes it dry and brittle.
No amount of onion juice, curd, beer or oil rubbed onto your scalp is going to do anything other than create bacteria. Anyone who spends time in a salon getting a blow out may or may not know the smoke coming off the client next door is either her hair burning or bacteria & build up burning off the hairshaft! Just because your mum told you and her mum told her and her mums mum told her doesn’t make it correct. There is no quick fix, tablets and vitamins may ( not always ) help supplement vitamins and minerals the body is lacking but take months or even years to see any effect if any!
Now stop doing your home remedies and avoiding getting cut and start looking after your hair!
Drop in and see us if your hair has issues or your experiencing a problem! You may need nothing but an option either way we love meeting new people
Rod Anker Salons
117 Meherchand Market
Cover image via Instagram @sevanova