On Saturday I was talking to a room full of brides to be for Wedding Suttra in there master class, after I felt like I should share with everyone what it is that makes healthy hair or wedding ready hair depending on if your planning a wedding or just want to know what you need to do for healthy hair.
- A good hair care regime, this is a hair care plan. A shampoo & conditioner that suits your hair & scalp in your current situation, be it your hair may be dry, colored or damaged etc etc
- When you want to achieve anything it cant be done overnight, you need to plan for it, good hair is no different. Trim your hair every 6-8 weeks without fail, this will remove the ends that will be damaged and let you either keep it that length or grow it longer.
- Rebonding is not something I encourage in fact we don’t do it at any of our Salons for the following reasons. It’s incredibly dehydrating on the hair, incredibly damaging, gives a completely un natural result and limits your styling for months on end and many more.
- Whats the best shampoo to use? I was asked this by almost everyone and I always give the same answer so here it is…. Depending on your hair, the problems your experiencing and the desired result it varies from person to person. Just because of big budget ad’s or famous endoursements does NOT mean it is the best in fact it rarely does. My product of choice is Alfa Parf and Label M.
- Blow drying your hair, well this one is the biggest killer of hair happiness of them all. Anyone had a blow dry at almost any salon will know that a lot of stylists will BURN your hair into place rather than dry your hair and set it into place. Hair should not smoke, it’s not normal, if your stylist is making it smoke leave the salon and come see us J
- Global color vs highlights or balliage. Why global color is not cool is really simple, your hair naturally always have variation be it from stand to strand as well as from roots to ends, there will always be a variation, this makes it look natural. When you put one color from roots to ends on every strand it looks completly artificial and fake. You can achieve a better result but in a more natural way with a few changes, add a color thats one shade lighter and using the freehand painting effect it will look expensive and natural whilst covering grey.
All in all if your serious about your looks then your hair needs to step it up and you have to put time and energy into it, you cant spend 1 dollar and 10 minutes on your hair and expect it to look like a million bucks it just doesn’t work that way. Investigate, plan and finish your look with the one element that is with you every single day!
Prior Preperation and a little investigation will always get better results than trying to fix anything in the last few minutes.