Nothing is more frustrating than getting a color done, loving it only to have it wash out a week later or at least fade.
Now before I hear from someone saying the black has washed out of the roots, it’s not sweetheart it’s called regrowth we are talking fade which has nothing to do with growth. Here are a few causes of color fade you should discuss with your hairstylist.
- The condition of your hair has a direct link to the longevity of your color, the better condition the longer the color tone stays true.
- If you have lightened the hair ( aggressively ) to achieve the desired color chances are your color will turn warm ( gold & red ) sooner.
- The color you have had previously affects the color you do now.
- The shampoo and conditioner has a huge impact on your color. Sulfate free shampoo is the only shampoo you should be using. If you Shampoo then you must condition, yes every time.
- No oils, yep no oils! They do NOT add any Benifit end in fact will cause the internal structure of your hair into a moisture free zone stripping it dry causing the color to change completely. Upside, the layers of oil that can’t be washed off will make it look healthy, downside is it will be dryer and tougher than you have ever had!
So before you start reading home remedies or taking advice from people that give you a remedy out of the kitchen we suggest getting facts out of a salon. Come speak to us today and see how we can reduce your hair appointments and keep your color longer.