Most people know that the secrets held in a good salon are at times scandalous but hold the answers to the how & why when it comes to getting the hair you have always wanted.
Your hairstylist needs to know what’s going on in your head so they can bring it to life on the outside!
Sadly a lot of salons still don’t get it and spend more time with decorating price lists and creating “deals” when they should be just talking and asking the right questions after all this is a people’s business.
There is sometimes demons in our minds when it comes to going to your appointment, maybe it’s based on previous experience or maybe it’s just from never really loving your hair. Either way let’s help by giving you the heads up on what you can take with you for your next appointment.
- Do your homework, no your not back at school but even while your sitting on the toilet go through Pinterest until you have a few references. Length, color, shape and also what you don’t want!
- Be honest, if there is one person you shouldn’t try to Bullshit it’s your hairdresser! Your diet, your fears, your dreams and what you ultimately want your look to be.
- Don’t wash or blow dry your hair before you visit, we need to see reality & how your hair sits. Expect a indepth consultation PRIOR to heading to the basin.
- Honesty on how long your prepared to spend on it daily, what products you use and if you want to be blow drying or just wash n go!
- Don’t make drastic decisions based on recent heart ache or life events you may just regret it!
- If you have had a bad experience then share it, what happened and what went wrong so it doesn’t happen again.
So basically if you don’t have a relationship with your hairdresser that includes the good bad and ugly then you need to change hairdressers because your missing out!
If you want the hair you have always wanted, then start with not thinking your salon is a drive thru Mc Donalds that you can order from!