It’s a frequent question does blonde hair suit Indian skin and the easiest answer is yes if it’s done correctly. The sad reality is a lot of the time hairdressers don’t bother to either prep the hair or follow it through till then end.
It’s a long process that no matter what you have planned, what kitty party you need to get to or how busy you are it’s a process that you can’t rush. Recently Santu Misra, fashion editor dropped into the salon wanting to go blonder than Zayn Malik, but wanted it to do it overnight like Kylie Jenner. Well we heard him but gave him some facts:
It’s going to take several hours
There will be an unpleasant feeling on your scalp.
You have to embrace the process: it (just) takes time!
So he turned up and we started and here is what happened
The yellow is halfway through a 2 hour process with two applications, yes it’s a bleach but a very mild on scalp bleach, then we toned the color two times to get the exact tone right.
The easy answer is yes it does suit darker skin tones if the tone is bang on. It’s a tedious process that involves patience and skill and is not something you shop on line for the best “deal”.
So if you always wanted to have that perfect color but been told it won’t work or even worse, you have ended up with a trashy gold blonde it’s time to call Rod Anker Salons Instagram page
No matter how good your profile picture is on Tinder, if you want a second encounter let’s give you a few pointers on how to get that sexy af hair you have always dreamt of.
One thing a lot of our clients tell us who try to get that “just got shagged” hair is that when you end up doing it on yourself it feels messy, chances are you tried too hard. You end up looking in the mirror thinking holly cow I looked like I just got shagged. Well don’t panic here are some pointers to help.
Styling on dirty hair is best, if it’s oily then best to wash & condition it the morning of your night out. If you forgot or got lazy then use some dry shampoo because messy hair that’s oily just looks dirty!
On dry hair using a large curling tong ( 32 inch ) vertically curl two inches from roots leaving the ends out.
Don’t be particular about sections it shouldn’t besectioning challenge starting at the nape try to cover to top in 4 row sections.
After your done, head upside down and a little mess up using finger tips at the roots, a light spray of dry shampoo from approx 30-40 cm away and flip your head upright.
Pull and place a little optional you can add a little curl Creme on sections or a little paste but do not go crazy.
A few things to keep in mind are do not use too much product and once you flip upright don’t take it too much, this is not a pretty little afternoon tea with your girlfriends at the old age home. Your getting ready to impress!
Best worm with ripped denim, a loose vintage shirt, very little makeup and a ” I really don’t care ” what you think attitude.
If you love that shaggy hair you should also check out Shaggy hair
Ever wondered how celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Gigi Hadid to Kendal Jenner all step off a flight looking immaculate? We have decided to make life easier for you because no one wants to be going through customs looking like a drug dealer and go through those invasive searches.
Here is 5 things you need to do
Before getting on the plane, have your hair freshly blown out, use very little product just a serum that’s it ( too much product will create a birds nest at the back of your head)
A low pony tail in a loose elastic to stop it getting frizzy or tangly.
A good neck pillow, apart from being good for your neck it will stop those questionable creases on your face you may wake up too.
For those with straight hair a braid is a perfect go too and will keep everything in order and you can take it out and with a light ruffle of your fingers can look HOT
Things to carry on the plane, we all know we are limited so a 16ml bottle of “Cristali liquid” by Alfa Parf the liquid gold of frizz control plus “Reserection dust” by Label.
Just as they wake you up for landing get these two little saviours out and head to the washroom. A very light sprinkle of resurrection dust ( soaks up excessive oil and adds volume ) two drops of cristali liquid rub it in your hands and add from ends to mid lengths.
If you interest in the American elections has replaced the re runs of Friends and you missed the last Presidential debate then you missed Donald Trump talking about “America having some bad ombre’s” or did he mean Hombre’s ( The Spanish word for Dude ) either way we are not sure so we thought it best to clarify.
Mr Trump your right America does have some bad Ombre but it’s not just USA but this is what bad Ombré looks like so we can all be on the look out for Color gone wrong.
Here is some Good ombré for you Donald!
So we think it’s safe to say anyone who doesn’t know good Ombré from bad Hombres should just gracefully drop out of any race or it could lead to a hairdressing backlash that no one wants to see.
Come see us and we will help shed some light on it.
In a world where everyone needs to be insta-ready, phone manufacturers selling phones just because of their selfie mode is better than others it makes sense that your hair gets it’s A game on and is photo ready 24/7.
Before you download every photo filter app let’s get a few basics on for your hair to get you channelling Pro vibes.
1. Still stuck on “too placed” hair? It sends uptight vibes and looks posed. Let it be a little free, of course if it looks like you have just been shagged in the back of a car then give it a little lick and pat down.
2. Color plays a big part of the photo, if your hair is dark then make sure there is ample light hitting it ( preferably filtered light ). If the light is coming from behind a dark Color can throw off red or gold and look a little off.
3. Has to be said, having a feed full of side comb-over style flips may give the impression that your hair is either thin on the top or you just don’t know what to do with it.
4. No one wears the same clothes month after month or year after year ( well we all have our favourite pieces that we just do but those are exceptions) your hair should evolve and change even if it’s a slight change.
5. Try playing around with braids and styling products before you get your phone out and try something different, who knows you just may like it.
6. Speak to your hairstylist & get a session on options for your length on styling. Most haircuts can be worn several ways with very little effort.
7. Keep it in top condition and this doesn’t mean weekly visits for ” hair spa’s” this means a constructive dialogue with your hairstylist on Maintainence and condition. At times it can be just adding one product to your routine.
8. Try it completely natural, it’s a fact that hair when cut well, will sit well and move beautifully. There is something carelessly perfect about letting it be free!
9. Have fun, try out some accessories. It could be hair clips, scarves, embellished headbands, coloured bands & elastics add a fun element to your look.
10. As basic as it sounds if you’re like most people your camera lens may be dusty or have finger prints on it so make sure it’s clean before you start clicking away!
Just like styling there are rules but they need to be broken to know what feels right when it comes to your own photos. Make sure it’s fun and not forced. Having an in-depth discussion with your hairstylist with your expectations on what you want your hair to do will get you on the right track.
Products you need!
Alfa Parf cristali liquid – shine and tame the frizz
Label M – resurrection dust for more volume than a Led Zeplin concert.
Label M – dry shampoo because you never know when you need to have a quick freshen up.
A lot of you guys get to winter and think damn I should have grown a beard but by the time you do, it’s already the end of winter.
Because a lot of us ( guys ) need a gentle reminder to do even the basic things we decided to let you know the ideal time to start growing your facial short & curlies.
The time to grow it is now!
All our body hair grows on average of 1.25cm per month so unless you want to look like a Norweigan lumberjack you should be good by the time winter sets in if you start now.
Things to do to get it right
1. Trim the edges, if you don’t it can look unkept and a little “homeless” also helps make it appear thicker the more even it is.
2. Trim it overall every 6-8 weeks but the mustache area possible weekly.
3. Wash it several times a day, yes you heard me! If your heading in for a little tongue wrestle the last thing you want to have her smell is the left over chicken Currie you had for lunch you left in your beard in case you got hungry later.
We will see you all in winter looking like true Wolverines!
It’s not new, but it may be new to you but Sodium Laureth Sulfate is the detergent found in a lot of shampoo’s as well as floor cleaners, engine degreaser and your kitchen detergent and can strip you color, dry your scalp and remove your keratin.
Before you get on the phone and start calling salons getting the cheapest color known to mankind or trying to get the best deal since land on Mars went on sale let’s just put some facts down to help you make the best decision. Because getting something cheap is not always about getting it done right, having the right products to maintain color and condition you may have to initially spend more however over the course of 1-2 months it is not that much more + your hair will look amazing!
1. Sulfate free shampoo cleanses the hair but will not strip color or dry out your scalp, which can cause hair loss and dry scalp. It lathers less but still cleanses perfectly.
2. Safe to use everyday and in fact we encourage it in a polluted city or area to remove any pollutants, perspiration on the hair and scalp. Not shampooing daily can in fact do more damage to your growth than you think, causing bacterial infections and dry scalp.
3. When your conscious of what your using you tend to use the suggested amount and not waste it so in fact it will work out cheaper than your no name or mass product ever would.
4. Condition of your hair dramatically improves as it is not causing excessive stress on the cuticle every time you use it.
5. Colors last longer and stay true to tone longer so your not left with brassy or golden hair which can look half done.
We suggest Alfa Parf shampoo which the entire range is sulfate free and has natural extracts to enhance shine and maintain condition.
Drop into one of our salons and get more information.
With over 100 million bikes on the road in India and temperatures that soar upwards of 45 degrees, perspiration can do damage to your scalp.
We have all seen guys wearing a scarf under the helmet in the attempt to soak up excess perspiration yet it’s not enough. Perspiration from the head can be more obvious than any other area of the body so it’s important to protect your skull not only from an accident but also from bacteria and infection.
When we perspire the moisture contains a compilation of water & electrolytes which further contain sodium, chloride, potassium, urea and calcium amongst others. The importance of removing this from your skin & scalp can be detrimental to keeping your hair. For healthy growth of hair is determined by the quality of the scalp and leaving perspiration to dry of your scalp without washing it off will change the balance of your scalp in such a way that can cause hair loss, fungal infection, alopecia along with an entire list of things that will put you off breakfast lunch and dinner for a week.
What can you do to prevent bacteria?
1. Shampoo your hair daily, use a Sulfate free shampoo this will remove any impurities from your scalp and maintain the right PH balance on your scalp for healthy growth.
2. If your scalp is prone to becoming itchy then you should on top of shampooing daily try a peppermint treatment by Label M which has peppermint extract and menthol which acts as a cooling and an anti bacterial.
3. Add texture to your hair, this removes bulk, lightens the amount of hair, cools down your scalp and can make you look on trend.
4. If your wearing a scarf that’s fine just always wash & dry it before you use it again as this can breed nasty bacteria.
5. Do not add oil on your hair or scalp as when you add oil it acts as a conductor of heat and will increase perspiration and trap bacteria on your scalp
Don’t listen to myth on shampoo causing hair loss or oiling as sadly they are not only outdated but scientifically incorrect.
Always wear a helmet to protect your head whilst driving!
Well it’s coming up to festival time in India and everyone wants overnight results. If you had of been reading our posts throughout the year or visiting our salon you could save yourself the drama and stop here. In case your not please pay attention now and then give us a call.
1. Refreshing that color, it adds to the hairshaft and close the cuticle which will reflect more light.
2. A clear color, yes you heard me it’s a clear gloss which its only job is to add a clear sheen to reflect light.
3. Get a Linseed treatment, closes the cuticle adds moisture to the structure of the hair and will make it shine and feel amazing! ( do this monthly your hair will thank you!)
4. A weightless serum like Alfa Parf cristali liquid or the Diamond drops, weightless and adds shine and UV protection.
5. Use a shine spray! Be careful not to use too much or it will make it look oily.
Now obviously the best treatment is prevention, your hair should always be ready so having the right hair are regime and stylist is always better than trying to get overnight results. Either way your on the right track now so enjoy!
It’s perfectly normal to get carried away with a good thing but we need to know when enough is enough. It may be coming into winter or you have just completely forgotten to stop and look in the mirror as part of your morning routine but your beard may becoming a state of its own!
The important fact on beard Maintainence is the shape has to work with your face shape and can very easily add 10-15 kg’s to your look so be careful. Sure if your frowning it for a early 18th century warrior movie, or have just purchased that Harley Davidson then completely ignore this now, you look great!
If you or someone you know is sending Viking vibes a little too much please seek professional help.