While we all thought that Summer was here for the past month or two well guess what, its officially summer in 48 hours and there is more heat heading our way! When it comes to our hair and skin we all suffer from dehydration and no matter what we all read about drinking lots of water at times it becomes difficult for whatever excuse we can come up with be it too busy or plain forgot. I am sure that most people think about their hair hydration only once they are in the salon ( unless your one of the rare ones and in that case congratulations ).
We thought we would make your life easier by giving you a few helpful hints that is far greater than doing a name sake “hair spa” to make sure your hair is at its peak and not like a dried up prawn.
- Hair Spa typically is a glorified conditioner, a conditioner closes the cuticle and in doing so will make your hair look and feel better however its temporary. You need to condition every time you shampoo, open the cuticle you have to close it.
- A massage will relax you, it won’t do anything else, especially for your hair. Yes it helps with circulation, however so does a full body massage but neither is going to brings miracles.
- Oiling your hair- well this is a Myth buster! Oil and water don’t mix right? Your hair is dead before it leaves your scalp, Oil doesn’t penetrate into the skin does it? Now if that isn’t enough think about adding oil on your body and standing out in the sun, it would make your skin burn right? YES same goes with your hair, even if you wash it off there is always a fine layer of residue left which will increase the heat internally and then causing dehydration.
- Serum – Easy answer is YES, always after you have washed and conditioned, if you hair goes flat then your using the wrong serum or too much!
- Leave in conditioner, again if its too heavy then change the one your using. Every time you shampoo and condition and use serum then a leave in conditioner.
- Shampoo Everyday? With extra heat comes perspiration, if you don’t remove that from your scalp then it can create bacteria on your scalp and therefore effect the growth. You should be using a shampoo and conditioner for your hair, if its colored then a sulphate free shampoo to reduce the color fading. Always use a conditioner. 150-200 hairs falling out per day is NORMAL.
- Always comb your hair with a wide tooth comb when you have the conditioner in, while your in the shower.
If this doesn’t set things straight then please go and read it again or come visit us!
011 410 10011
Now Open in Meherchand Market
Its a rare thing sadly that we come across someone who is so successful and is so down to earth!
Great to have Rohit in our Salon on the weekend , as always lots of laughs and a solid chat about life!
If you want to get your look summer ready, be a boss and look on point then its time to come into see us at our new Salon in Meherchand market
011 410 100 11
Once in a while, we all reach a saturation point; when you crave for a change. It’s surprising how getting a new hair colour can completely change your look. Even the slight change in your hair style or colour can have a tremendous impact on how you feel and look. I am actually talking about something fresh, (Maybe, a colour you were so scared to try) break away from the same and make a new head turning statement.
Get your inner spirit animal of Kylie Jenner alive, and go for a major change. I know you all adored her bright peach locks at Coachella Music Festival; maybe, it’s time for you to take the plunge. If you had a look at Vogue’s May issue, it must have made your eyes pop out, I literally looked at it three time to recognise this new “Rock N Roll” babe, it was none other than Taylor Swift, with shaggy, bright blonde hair! It doesn’t matter if you are looking for something drastic or a more lived in natural hue, till the time you’re up for it. I mean, some bold hearts can totally go for the rainbow hair trend that is flooding your social media feeds!
Also, if your looking for the perfect cool braid then try out our new BRAID BAR which is opening at our Flagship Salon in Mehar Chand market this Friday.
Just don’t wait, schedule your next appointment, and get your new look this summer!
By Konika Dastidar
If you’re looking for something more playful
On Saturday I was talking to a room full of brides to be for Wedding Suttra in there master class, after I felt like I should share with everyone what it is that makes healthy hair or wedding ready hair depending on if your planning a wedding or just want to know what you need to do for healthy hair.
- A good hair care regime, this is a hair care plan. A shampoo & conditioner that suits your hair & scalp in your current situation, be it your hair may be dry, colored or damaged etc etc
- When you want to achieve anything it cant be done overnight, you need to plan for it, good hair is no different. Trim your hair every 6-8 weeks without fail, this will remove the ends that will be damaged and let you either keep it that length or grow it longer.
- Rebonding is not something I encourage in fact we don’t do it at any of our Salons for the following reasons. It’s incredibly dehydrating on the hair, incredibly damaging, gives a completely un natural result and limits your styling for months on end and many more.
- Whats the best shampoo to use? I was asked this by almost everyone and I always give the same answer so here it is…. Depending on your hair, the problems your experiencing and the desired result it varies from person to person. Just because of big budget ad’s or famous endoursements does NOT mean it is the best in fact it rarely does. My product of choice is Alfa Parf and Label M.
- Blow drying your hair, well this one is the biggest killer of hair happiness of them all. Anyone had a blow dry at almost any salon will know that a lot of stylists will BURN your hair into place rather than dry your hair and set it into place. Hair should not smoke, it’s not normal, if your stylist is making it smoke leave the salon and come see us J
- Global color vs highlights or balliage. Why global color is not cool is really simple, your hair naturally always have variation be it from stand to strand as well as from roots to ends, there will always be a variation, this makes it look natural. When you put one color from roots to ends on every strand it looks completly artificial and fake. You can achieve a better result but in a more natural way with a few changes, add a color thats one shade lighter and using the freehand painting effect it will look expensive and natural whilst covering grey.
All in all if your serious about your looks then your hair needs to step it up and you have to put time and energy into it, you cant spend 1 dollar and 10 minutes on your hair and expect it to look like a million bucks it just doesn’t work that way. Investigate, plan and finish your look with the one element that is with you every single day!
Prior Preperation and a little investigation will always get better results than trying to fix anything in the last few minutes.
Every day we were hearing you say, you should be closer to my house, why don’t you open in a more central location and of course the odd even scenario was driving everyone crazy ( but only every second day ).
In the most art centric market in Delhi, Meherchand Market we have opened our flagship salon, set on two floors in 1100 sq feet it is a visual canvas that defines both what we do and who we are. Clean, uncluttered and non pretentious ( well when its closed anyway ). As the flagship Salon In India, we decided to be possibly the only Salon that just focuses on Hair, no manicure, no pedicure like our other Salons just hair. OMG its a Hair Salon!
Yes 100% of our time and focus is hair, which makes us be the best in what we do without distraction. Like our other salons we use Alfa Parf & Label M which are the best products for hair, may not be the most advertised or endorsed by Bollywood but they work on hair better than other product so I guess that’s what counts.
Exciting new Braid bar opens this weekend, which means Friday and Saturday nights could not get easier to get a quick on trend braid which keeps you cool in the peak of summer has never been easier! Possibly the coolest looks right now be it box braids or a simply one strand braid we can do it! Open on Friday and Saturday afternoons because who goes out on a weekday anyway!
Come see us we are open 7 days a week, only Sunday we open a little later and close a little early because we know our team need to let there hair down!
117 Meherchand Market
Beside Altitude Store
011 410 100 11
or email us on [email protected]
Are you staring at your hair screaming it does not grow any faster? Maybe, now you are blaming your genes or that new product you tried. Well, we all find it very frustrating when our hair doesn’t seem to grow at a normal space. Where you have been waiting months to get that perfect length, so you can try a different look, but your hair simply won’t listen!
Let’s go through some easy steps to help your hair grow faster. If you have paid attention in your school you’ll know the benefits of a good diet, if you have done all your research then that’s great, but for those who have been too busy, let me simplify it!
Have proper quantity of Omega 3 fatty acids, like salmon, avocados, nuts and olive oil in your diet. Protein also helps with hair loss, so make sure you are having eggs with your toast in your morning breakfast, a proper diet should have a good dose of Vitamin E and Vitamin C. It is equally important to have your veggies along with fruit in your regular diet. Yes, I mean it!
Make sure you never use a brush straight out of the shower, as your hair is very brittle during that time and it can tear or break easily, use a wide tooth comb.
Get your regularly trims to avoid split ends. Yes, ironically scissors can be of help in this case. If you don’t trim off the damaged hair then it will travel up and create more drama.
Eat a balanced diet
Get at least 8 hours of sleep
Lastly, don’t stress so much, you’ll only lose your hair, and that won’t be of any help.
We all love the idea of walking out looking like a cover page model, but let’s be honest, reality bites, especially when you’re fighting this heat with your frizzy hair. We can dream about the perfect bombshell blow out, like Gigi Hadid for being on point every time she steps out, but for days you can’t make it, you can try the prefect artfully dishevelled look, you don’t always have to spend hours to look gorgeous, you can fix it in seconds!
Even if your hair is moody as hell, fret not, we can some easy styles for you to tame at mane! If you are one of those chicks who are identified with her flyaway’s and frizz then you’re on the right track. Maybe, this season messy hair is making a strong case. Who said anything about being lazy, I am rooting for the cool chicks that look effortlessly stylish. Lol.
Products to try:
Leave in moisturiser
A light serum
When it’s hot and humid, you need some low maintenance tricks up for sleeves for SOS situations, a hairstyle that works best with your natural texture. Here are some cool looks to try this season for an easy fix, keep your boho spirits alive!
By Konika Dastidar