Why your brown hair now looks orange
So your not From Hawaii but your hair washes out and goes a orange brown between visits.
- Your cuticle isn’t closing, the tone is being washed away. You must condition daily.
- The water quality is terrible and causing the color to fade, use filtered water or bottled water. Annoying yes but it works.
- Your shampoo is too destructive and has SLS which is stripping the color. Change to a sulfate free shampoo. We use Alfa Parf products which are all SLS & paraben free.
- Your hair condition is ruined and the cuticle can not hold the color in because it’s too damaged. Remove damaged sections, get treatments to help close cuticle.
- Do not use any oil treatment on your hair ever! It swells the cuticle and causes color to fade.
- Each time you color your hair the ends do not always need color, the more you color the more damaged it gets, the more damaged the less the color holds.
If your constantly ending up orange or red then maybe adding some ash to your next color is what is needed, a lot can be done during the actual color process and the way it is mixed up as well as what you do once you leave the salon!