There are times when an awesome color washes out faster than some of your Tinder dates last but there are some simple ways to help it stay longer. ( the color that is )
Now a permanent color only is as good as the condition of your hair generally so if your hair is shot to pieces ( aka destroyed ) you need to firstly work on that before thinking of changing things up too much. We have all seen someone’s ends dramatically faded a few weeks after a color, it’s because the hair condition is not good enough to hold color. The cuticle May be destroyed so much no matter what you do it simply won’t hold.
Here are a few things you can do to help yourself ( just like you need to do after that hook up )
- Use Sulfate free shampoo – Sulfate is the detergent that can strip color!
- Regular trims – removes split and damaged ends preventing split ends to travel up the hair shaft
- Don’t over heat your hair – dehydrates it and causes split ends and melting of the hair nothing on this planet can fix!
- Avoid too much sun, it bleeches the hair.
- Avoid using any kind of oil, yes yes we said don’t use oil. It increases the heat of your hair and will dehydrate ( even if it’s only small deposits left after shampooing it )it not add anything to it! It may look shinny from the coating but will be rough.
- Get yourself a clear gloss color over your color, it seals it in and helps dramatically hold the color!
Now if it’s still fading come see us and let’s work out why!