The download on how to keep yourself protected
No we have decided to sell coloured condoms, yet we are sure that some would think we should it makes perfect sense. Well we do sexy hair, sexy hair leads to sexy times or something like that but we are not. We want to give you the 401 on maintaining your hair color.
You can do everything right and yet sometimes things still go wrong, could be the water could have been the state of your hair before you coloured it or a act of mystery but 99% of the time if the color is done properly it’s what and how you treat it when you leave the salon. Simple fact to remember the better the condition, the better the longevity of the tone and shade of color.
- Use a sulfate free shampoo always always always
- Always condition, yes guys too every time you wash you condition. This closes the cuticle and keeps the color from fading.
- If it’s blonde, use a brightening shampoo like the one we stock from Label M alternate days. It’s purple and helps reduce gold or yellow pigment.
- Don’t use oil! Do t care what your mum or grandmother say it’s wrong! It coats the hair, makes it shinny but acts like a coating on the hair shaft making moisture dry out internally hence effecting the color dramatically.
- Don’t try and do DIY hair expecting it to look like anything on Pinterest other than a disaster. Trust professionals only.
- Don’t shop solely on price, sad reality is whilst some will try there best to convince you they are the best yet once it’s done you will end up spending more fixing it!
So before you head to a salon and tell them what to do like your ordering your dinner at a take away do your research on line, check what work the salon does, check check and recheck. It’s your hair so do your research and once you have left the salon make sure to look after it!