If you have not been outside in the last week, summer is here and it has gone from 20-30 and its only going to get hotter for the next 6 months and if you don’t act now you will be left with dry frizzy hair for summer!
Easy things you can do to get yourself ready for the heat that is about to drop!
- Get your hair trimmed, did you know that you should be doing this every 6-8 weeks regardless
- Dont do chemical treatments unless they are 100% needed, Keratin is not going to make it healthier, its still a chemical!
- If its dehydrated then why not get a Alfa Parf Linseed moisture treatment, hydrates your hair better than any mask, spa or product on the market and plumps the hair full of much needed moisture
- Maintain your color, but don’t over do it, if it is not needed the don’t do it
- Using hot tools like tongs, irons etc avoid excessive use and always use a heat protection serum like Crystal Liquid
Hope this helps and if you think you have already overdone it then give us a call or drop in and see what we can do to get it sorted out!
Keeping your color on tone from visit to visit to your salon takes effort ( not much so chill ) but it does require a little planning.
Warm browns when they fade can end up looking a gastly shade or Orange 🍊 or copper and no matter what you want to call it, if it’s not on purpose it can end up looking like a cheap box color so here is how to make sure your color stays on fleek.
- Wash with a sulfate free shampoo
- Always use conditioner it closes the cuticle and keeps the color from fading and color molecules shrinking
- Use a leave in serum or protein spray. This helps added UV protection.
- Don’t over process your hair, some people think you need color on the ends each visit when in fact it’s like a one in every 3-4 touch up thing ONLY when it’s not looking right.
- Don’t over do it chemically, if your straightening and coloring chances are your reading this and thinking yeah that’s me, we don’t do straightening or smoothening for a reason, it’s too aggressive causing the hair to be so damaged it won’t hold color! Try keratin it’s not going to ruin your hair!
Yes you can wash it daily, as long as it’s sulfate free shampoo and as long as you condition it each time.
Imagine you do this with your hair, apply oil and then add some sun ☀️
Everything underneath gets hot, dries up and dies. Same with your hair!
Oiling is a myth and is not good for healthy hair.
The temperature is on the rise and as a community announcement we thought we needed to remind you of a few hair care FACTS
It’s true, we all believe what we want to believe but there is fact and fiction.
Here are a few more common things that do more harm than good and you should not do!
- Oil on your hair, leaves a film which accelerates heat dehydrating the hair causing damage like split ends, color fading and possible scalp bacteria hence actually could lead to hair loss!
- Onion juice, no seriously apart from the smell ( which FYI is disgusting for days! ) doesn’t nothing for your hair, the thought that the juice somehow penetrates into the skin through to to the root of the hair and does anything is beyond realistic!
- Rubbing ginger on your scalp, again 🤐 it creates warmth on your scalp which makes you think it’s beneficial but nothing
- Fish oil………creates and breeds bacteria and is possibly the most anti social DIY Ever heard of
- Egg 🍳- hair outside your scalp is dead keratin. Fry it put it in between two pieces of hair and eat it!
- Beer 🍻 the yeast in beer sweeps the cuticle making it appear shinny hence you think it help. Yeast is bacteria, bacteria breeds infection so drink it.
Hope that helps in understanding the facts when it comes to Summer hair care!
Start summer with a trim, remove the split ends, rehydrate using a linseed treatment ( which your hair will love! ) and repeat process every 6-8 weeks.
Yep it’s getting hotter everyday and it’s only a matter of time before temperatures reach 40+ daily for the next 4-5 months!
Is your hair ready to get through this?
Most likely it’s not let’s be honest, it’s like knowing your off on holidays and you need to pack, you know you do forcwwwks in advance but end up shoving crap into your bag moments before heading to the airport. So what can you do to get your hair ready?
- Think trim every 6 weeks, let’s start now.
- Linseed treatments by Alfa Parf, yes they work, every 6-8 weeks to rehydrate the hair. It’s not a fluffy head massage like the hair spa your used too but it actually works so totally worth it.
- Plan colors in advance so your not overdoing it.
- Get your irons out, if they are more than 12 months old time to invest in new ones ( technology changes fast and improvements have been made every few months )
- Hairdryers are the same check out Recommended Hair dryer & Irons by Alan Truman the difference is huge.
- Don’t let your local salon burn your hair, if your weekly blow out is putting your hair through pain, chances are it will eventually catch up with you leaving your hair dry and damaged.
- Use a water soluble leave in serum that has UV protection and heat protection like Cristali liquid by Alfa Parf Milano.
- Wash daily, perspiration on your scalp left causes bacterial infection hence a dry scalp, you need to remove that every day, for some people twice a day if your working outside or perspiring a lot.
- Always condition
- Avoid OIL!!! It will accelerate the heat fro. The sun, evaporate the moisture in your hair and whilst it will make it shinny from the burnt film of oil on your hair.
In terms of style and what’s in, it’s all about texture, beachy waves not curl, guys it all about texture!