When the trends come back full force and you really want to be part of the masses and do it, your way its a matter of working with your texture and hair to make sure it actually works!
You have long hair and are going to try bangs, do it because if you want to have a change without loosing the length its the best thing you can do. To work out what length and the style its best to talk about it with your stylist keeping your hair texture and natural movement in mind to make sure it doesn’t become high maintenance!
Every so often someone will come to see us and want it all, like they are trying to work their way through our service list all in the one day, not sure why!
Just because we offer it or a salon offers it does NOT mean you have to do it, or its the right thing for you to do!
At times we all have a perception that something is good for us, its not only until its too late that we realise it probably wasn’t the best idea. Often we will talk ourselves into it so we believe its the right thing to do, some times even some hairstylists will try to convince you.
Safe to say that you have too make sure the hair on your head if looked after and not abused or you will suffer the consequences for longer than you can imagine!
Nothing worst than going in and getting a mouthful of hair, kind of a mood breaker if your locks are not maintained!
Shaving it could be an option but let’s talk Maintainence in case you don’t want to go bald. Guys with stubble, their face will act like Velcro and your hair will stick all over his face, which in itself can be ok unless your out with friends or family. Then it can look like things are getting hot when it was just an innocent peck intended.
Let’s start with a few things you can do to prevent this!
- Leave in serum like Cristali liquid by Alfa Parf which closes the cuticle and keeps the cuticle surface smooth.
- Regular trims, removes split ends which in turn creates smoother surface.
- Pony tail, keep it high which will keep your face and neck free for playtime.
- Pre planning is better if you can manage to shampoo and condition before it’s better, remember the smell of your shampoo on wet hair is like a wet dog, it’s not cool so dry it!
- A little perfume inside your hair so he can’t smell the smoke from the night before your hair absorbed in the club ( when you said you were home watching re runs of friends)
We hope this helps you not giving your guy fur balls, the rest is up to you!
We have all seen it, we hear you all hate it yet daily we see over and over again hair that should not be touched let alone run your hands through it!
You wanted something sexy and yet your wearing your hair in ringlets, like a little rag doll circa 1950’s, ALERT its not cool it looks terrible unless your going to a fancy dress party and have been told to come looking like a hand me down rag doll. Sure curling it into one solid mass curl on either side of your face may keep it curly a little longer ( good for you ) but looks like you did it with both eyes closed and one hand tied behind your back!
If you don’t want to look stupid, you want to have all eyes on you in a. good way then its time to change Salons and get your butt into see us!
So you have had a brainwave to color your hair and want it done like yesterday now its on your mind its almost as if it has to be done as soon as possible, so how do you decide what color you should do? You may love your sisters hair or your BFF’s but you have different hair, personality and its not you right!
Because we know that it can be overwhelming to decide do you go lighter, dark, should it look natural or should it be a pastel pink?
We will always discuss color in detail as it is something that needs to be talked about and given the pro’s and con’s as depending on the color it could take you 12-18 months to grow it out so its worth us spending the time to work it out prior! Its always a good idea to head on over to Pinterest and save your favorites and then look and asses what it is you like, you may find once you have all the images laid out that there is a pattern of what you like, it may work it may not but at least you will be able to see them and discuss it with us when you come in.
Its a big decision getting your color done and you should never take an impulse decision based on a spare of the moment thing!
Come in and discuss your options with us, we will take the time to give you the positives and the negatives ( if any ) before you take the decision to do it!
Ever woken up one morning and thought, today is the day I want to go white blonde, could be a break up or a mental breakdown either way you have decided that Today is the day! Well here are some things you need to know before picking up the phone!
Firstly it may not even be possible so calm down Sharon, it is not a color that it taken out of a box and applied wait 30 minutes then rinsed, its a lot more complex and involved and depends largely on your hair, current color, the texture and density of your hair as well as the condition. Before we do anything like this we always suggest that you have a long hard think about it because it not a 30 min job it in fact can take hours and hours and then still not be completed and you may have to return a few days later or even twice to get the exact tone. Its not cheap as it involves several applications of color and a lot of time.
Things to think about before doing it
- If your a guy with facial hair, will you be keeping the beard, if so you do realise the difference in color will stand out?
- Depending on how dark you are naturally, you will see the regrowth within a few days ( yes within days as dots and your natural hair will look black against the super blonde hair.
- You may need to get a toner ( a color to block the gold or yellow pigment ) within a week or even a few times a month as the gold or yellow pigment will appear
- Your shampoo and conditioner WILL effect your color!
- If you get tired of it, you can not just color over it and pretend it never happened, once it is coloured it is coloured and the damage or potential damage is there until it grows out.
If you are still keen to do it then it may be time to come and have a chat with us in person to see if its possible and what will be involved, this is not a color that can be quoted over phone or email we need to see your hair first.