When you place an order on line and it says shipping more than 24-48 hours you feel robbed right? Well imagine your hairdresser saying your hair can’t take a chemical service, a color, that keratin you so desperately want because it’s too damaged…. upset maybe even angry.
We believe there are times when we have to say no, it’s about being ethical and respecting there are times when what you want is not actually what you want. Sure we assure you there is a salon within walking distance from every “no” you get that will do whatever you want, but we are only interested in making you look the best possible.
If your hair has been taken over the edge and the condition sucks as Donald Trumps concept of humanity then here are the things you need to do.
- Get yourself a second opinion from the best salon you can find, not cutting nothing just a consultation.
- Depending on how bad it is the only option may be cutting it, lots of options for repairing however the only true way to get it back to healthy may be cutting the damage off.
- Don’t do another chemical service to fix the one that ruined your hair.
- The term “hair spa” sadly is used for a conditioner massage. Waste of time and money. Olaplex and various bond rebuilders work, hair spa doesn’t.
- Always condition
- Always use a leave in serum
- Avoid any oils always!
- Don’t use excessive heat when styling.
- Trim every 5-6 weeks until the hair is healthy again.
Remember a professional salon will never charge you for advice, it’s free so use it!
We are not talking about VPL ( Visable Panty Line ) rather talking about being transparent in the way you behave, too often the motives take over and it becomes a game of skill to get what you want, using people as the pawns rather than the required skill to actually do a good job! When you think about being transparent with hair, we could turn this into a short film but rather lets just point out why some times we say no to doing certain things and the reason we do this is because its about being the best for you and your hair.
When it comes to your hair, we only have one motivation and that is to create beautiful hair that works both for that split moment in time when you leave the salon but more importantly for the time after you leave the salon! There are some things we wont do like rebonding or straightening as it is too damaging on the hair, there are times when you may want to do a chemical service but we do not believe your hair health will be maintained so we will say no. We do this because we look after your hair’s best interest.
Isn’t it more important to do things right once rather than having something done that requires the next 4-6 months fixing it or repairing it?
Drop into one of our salons for a honest chat about your hair