Recently we heard of a woman who went to get a skin treatment from a dermatologist ( someone who studied skin ) and came out with the most obnoxiously wrong advice for her hair that involved home remedies and things that would send her hair for a complete toss!
Sure the advice given possibly had the best intentions but wrong on every way. The problem here is it’s like asking a guy who sells fruit how to cook a steak, it’s not his job although he may suprise us all and know. He may even give you some home remedies to fight off a cold or give you a complete juice detox to cure diebeties or even cancer but let’s be honest it’s unlikely.
If your serious about your hair, go to a professional salon, not someone who really isn’t qualified on hair. If you want skin advice we won’t give it to you, you want your makeup done we don’t do it. We do hair, we are trained in hair, not how to cook steak, home remedies on stain removal or how to stop your husband from snoring.
We all like to hear the sound of our voice and maybe you just wanted to ask everyone you met, get as much opinion as possible then decide. Well because it’s what we do we know our business better than others so if you have random questions don’t hesitate to drop us a line on email or social media.
Information is always part of the story, heart and passion can not be put into a graph and whilst your teacher loved to offer you examples in a pie graph or apples it will never ever be a real picture if your not doing it for the right reasons.
We have seen pie graphs, that look like a cheap undercooked apple pie, a PDF that has more information in it than a arms treaty but still am yet to see actually passion for this craft.
Maybe because the people doing it are in a race? Fastest, biggest, most this most that, not really sure what the motivation is to be in it other than to cash out who knows.
Well we are not a bakery, we don’t bake pies, although if we did they would be colourful and you wouldn’t need to cover them in ketchup in order to eat them. But we don’t. We do hair, our business is hair, our focus is hair, our education is hair and our drive is to be the best.
Just amazing hair!
Hair spray not flame 🔥 thrower!
Do not try this, it’s dangerous!
You could be a lazy bum, CEO, rich brat, Hollywood or Bollywood celebrity or just don’t like visiting a salon it doesn’t matter sometimes we all like what we like and if you want your hair done in the middle of the desert or poolside at your place to mid flight between meetings then yes we do cater to you!
When it comes to hair we have been requested all sorts of things, it’s not odd to want what you want, it’s odd not to ask for what you want.
If you don’t ask the answer is always no!
So if you have a request for your hair to be done in a certain location give us a shout, it may require some extra work at the back end and of course it comes at a cost but what doesn’t. We go anywhere anytime!
You don’t need to download a stupid app you don’t have space for just Email us to find out more
Education for everything is not about finishing school and boom you know it all, you finish school then it’s starts and you never ever finish!
Hairdressing is a continuos journey of education, new techniques, new products, improving yourself and the way you deliver.
“When your green your growing when your ripe your rotten”
In other words when you think you know everything, is when you should stop because your dead! After 30 years doing what I do I don’t claim to know everything in fact I don’t. Hairdressers around the world spend a small fortune as do salon owners on building the skills, often traveling to all corners of the world to get it.
Success doesn’t come from doing something once, then keep changing it, it comes from doing one thing over and over and improving it each time you do it. Hairdressing is an art that a lifetime of training would never be enough, when you get that success will follow.
When it comes to us as humans it’s exactly the same. Day in day out improving and evolving to be a better person. Imagine if we still acted like we did when we were 14!? I guess there would be a lot of so called adults acting like spoilt brats screaming in bed till 2pm until they got their way!
Go out, get up and make it happen. It’s not a destination it’s a journey!!
The optic fibre light transfer hair rejuvenation pod just arrived! Using technology from Disney & Pixar it uses light to transform your hair without touching it with scissors or chemicals. Doubles the thickness of your hair back to the way you want it!
It is the first in the world, it’s the best, it transforms you in 5 minutes and it’s cheap! If you buy one session you get second free! If you buy 5 sitting you get 35 free and you can recommend a friend and they get 20% discount too! This is too good to be true but limited spaces available!
What does it do?
- Doubles the thickness of your hair
- Stops hair fall instantly
- Increases length by 2 inches in 24 hours
- Removes all grey hair forever! Yes no more grey hair, no more colouring.
- Say goodbye to dry scalp forever
- No need to wash your hair, dirt is repelled using nano technology
- Using micro magnetic pulses it attracts attention from anyone your standing beside you, no need for tinder anymore!
- Shake your hair in any open room of your house and it’s instantly cleaned
- Using the nano light transformation you can say goodbye to holidays, when sleeping it can teleport you anywhere you think of using brainwaves.
Yes we do hair, we are bloody brilliant at it but there are limitations and you have to understand if it sounds too good to be true it probly is. The sad reality is some people will read this and think it is in fact true.
Drop into our salon and let’s discuss fact & fiction
So besides the fact that it’s Christmas week, let’s make it clear a few things you should not do in a salon ( in no particular order ). We know for a lot of people they search for a salon based on location or price or even Facebook numbers! If you want a whatever salon and don’t really care then congratulations “average” is everywhere. If your after more then make sure you don’t do these things in the salon when you turn up 10 min late.
- Safe to say walking in, not saying anything other than the words “Cut” is not going to get us off on the right foot!
- Don’t tell us how to do your hair,tell us how you want it. Doing hair is our job.
- Use the salon with respect, talking on a phone so loudly is plain rude, people come to the salon to get away from this.
- Don’t ask a professional hairdressery ” hurry up ” as that does not end well at all.
- Bring your lunch in and spread it out all over the salon thinking your on a picnic with your hairdresser.
Yes seriously all of these happen!
So many authorities on everything that the only true test if you belong in a salon is the following.
Your wardrobe is literally a rainbow of black
Others call you crazy but you know the real term is gifted
You have heard of people going to salons and find it relaxing, you struggle to get someone to do your color and end up driving home to finish it.
Your toilet stops involve texting, eating lunch, mixing color and uploading funny things online.
When the hair iron becomes your go too fix.
Your nails look like a shade of blue black literally every day.
When you literally want to beat the crap out of someone who thinks they can share some secrets of hairdressing even after 20-30 years you never knew.
When saying yes your hair looks natural is easier than saying sorry girl you look stupid!
When you get shown a photo like this and you tell them what’s involved, the cost and time and your told OMG that’s so expensive.
When your client comes in like this not wanting layers, anything cut off length, no color, no bangs but I want it to look different and “nice” but everyone should notice it.
When you want to replace the Tip Jar with this!
You can tastes the difference in hairspray’s like your a critique.
When your lunch has part of your last two clients in it.
Most people know that the secrets held in a good salon are at times scandalous but hold the answers to the how & why when it comes to getting the hair you have always wanted.
Your hairstylist needs to know what’s going on in your head so they can bring it to life on the outside!
Sadly a lot of salons still don’t get it and spend more time with decorating price lists and creating “deals” when they should be just talking and asking the right questions after all this is a people’s business.
There is sometimes demons in our minds when it comes to going to your appointment, maybe it’s based on previous experience or maybe it’s just from never really loving your hair. Either way let’s help by giving you the heads up on what you can take with you for your next appointment.
- Do your homework, no your not back at school but even while your sitting on the toilet go through Pinterest until you have a few references. Length, color, shape and also what you don’t want!
- Be honest, if there is one person you shouldn’t try to Bullshit it’s your hairdresser! Your diet, your fears, your dreams and what you ultimately want your look to be.
- Don’t wash or blow dry your hair before you visit, we need to see reality & how your hair sits. Expect a indepth consultation PRIOR to heading to the basin.
- Honesty on how long your prepared to spend on it daily, what products you use and if you want to be blow drying or just wash n go!
- Don’t make drastic decisions based on recent heart ache or life events you may just regret it!
- If you have had a bad experience then share it, what happened and what went wrong so it doesn’t happen again.
So basically if you don’t have a relationship with your hairdresser that includes the good bad and ugly then you need to change hairdressers because your missing out!
If you want the hair you have always wanted, then start with not thinking your salon is a drive thru Mc Donalds that you can order from!
No matter how good your profile picture is on Tinder, if you want a second encounter let’s give you a few pointers on how to get that sexy af hair you have always dreamt of.
One thing a lot of our clients tell us who try to get that “just got shagged” hair is that when you end up doing it on yourself it feels messy, chances are you tried too hard. You end up looking in the mirror thinking holly cow I looked like I just got shagged. Well don’t panic here are some pointers to help.
- Styling on dirty hair is best, if it’s oily then best to wash & condition it the morning of your night out. If you forgot or got lazy then use some dry shampoo because messy hair that’s oily just looks dirty!
- On dry hair using a large curling tong ( 32 inch ) vertically curl two inches from roots leaving the ends out.
- Don’t be particular about sections it shouldn’t besectioning challenge starting at the nape try to cover to top in 4 row sections.
- After your done, head upside down and a little mess up using finger tips at the roots, a light spray of dry shampoo from approx 30-40 cm away and flip your head upright.
- Pull and place a little optional you can add a little curl Creme on sections or a little paste but do not go crazy.
A few things to keep in mind are do not use too much product and once you flip upright don’t take it too much, this is not a pretty little afternoon tea with your girlfriends at the old age home. Your getting ready to impress!
Best worm with ripped denim, a loose vintage shirt, very little makeup and a ” I really don’t care ” what you think attitude.
If you love that shaggy hair you should also check out Shaggy hair
On Saturday I was talking to a room full of brides to be for Wedding Suttra in there master class, after I felt like I should share with everyone what it is that makes healthy hair or wedding ready hair depending on if your planning a wedding or just want to know what you need to do for healthy hair.
- A good hair care regime, this is a hair care plan. A shampoo & conditioner that suits your hair & scalp in your current situation, be it your hair may be dry, colored or damaged etc etc
- When you want to achieve anything it cant be done overnight, you need to plan for it, good hair is no different. Trim your hair every 6-8 weeks without fail, this will remove the ends that will be damaged and let you either keep it that length or grow it longer.
- Rebonding is not something I encourage in fact we don’t do it at any of our Salons for the following reasons. It’s incredibly dehydrating on the hair, incredibly damaging, gives a completely un natural result and limits your styling for months on end and many more.
- Whats the best shampoo to use? I was asked this by almost everyone and I always give the same answer so here it is…. Depending on your hair, the problems your experiencing and the desired result it varies from person to person. Just because of big budget ad’s or famous endoursements does NOT mean it is the best in fact it rarely does. My product of choice is Alfa Parf and Label M.
- Blow drying your hair, well this one is the biggest killer of hair happiness of them all. Anyone had a blow dry at almost any salon will know that a lot of stylists will BURN your hair into place rather than dry your hair and set it into place. Hair should not smoke, it’s not normal, if your stylist is making it smoke leave the salon and come see us J
- Global color vs highlights or balliage. Why global color is not cool is really simple, your hair naturally always have variation be it from stand to strand as well as from roots to ends, there will always be a variation, this makes it look natural. When you put one color from roots to ends on every strand it looks completly artificial and fake. You can achieve a better result but in a more natural way with a few changes, add a color thats one shade lighter and using the freehand painting effect it will look expensive and natural whilst covering grey.
All in all if your serious about your looks then your hair needs to step it up and you have to put time and energy into it, you cant spend 1 dollar and 10 minutes on your hair and expect it to look like a million bucks it just doesn’t work that way. Investigate, plan and finish your look with the one element that is with you every single day!
Prior Preperation and a little investigation will always get better results than trying to fix anything in the last few minutes.