The sun although without it we would all die can cause damage for your hair and skin if exposed to too much, it can also change the color of your hair turning it the completely wrong shade so you need to make sure your products have UV protection as well as cover up when possible.
Now if your white you want to have some color so you may need to wear a hat the times your out, even if it’s for a short time the excessive heat causes the internal moisture of your hair to evaporate and dry up. If your still hung up using oil as a “natural” remedy for dry hair then keep reading!
Even though you wash out your oil ( which does nothing btw ) small molecules are left behind and over time build up. Oil + Sun heats up the hair drying it out faster and burning the oil onto your hair making it shinny yes, but burnt, damaged, rough and dry! Don’t do it!!!
You have all most likely had your hair done at some point and before leaving the salon thought ” FML it’s never going to look the same” right?
It’s a fairly common problem and we recognise it, with training and daily practice of course your hairdresser can get it bang on, the right equipment and a room full of product right? Well no, we don’t believe hair should be that difficult in fact 2 styling products is our maximum goal because who has that much time to style their hair.
How can you get salon hair daily?
1. A good stylist should be going out of their way to show you how to recreate what is done in the salon.
2. What products to use, why, how & when.
3. How to dry it, the brush needed the direction of the air.
4. Options on styling because it’s boring wearing it the same day in and day out.
5. When you need to come back in to make sure it looks good all the time.
On top of all of this, there should be a plan in place, an evolution of your look so to speak. Transition from season to season or if you have a little commitment issue with styles then it can be month to month.
Regardless of where you live, what you do with your hair you should be able to work within your confort zone and abilities to hair salon hair everyday!
There has been a mass exodus on overdone hair that’s high Maintainence and just plain too stiff. Good thing too, none us have the time and none of us want to see it anymore.
If your trying to make the transition it can be a little rough because no matter what anyone says you may feel as tho your hair looks a little messy. Here are some tips and tricks to try. Hope it helps
1. Use a leave in serum when the hair is wet, closes the cuticle and reduces frizz ( check out Alfa Parf Cristali liquid )
2. Don’t blowdry,pat dry only and don’t be tempted to comb or brush once your out of the shower.
3. Until you get used to the look products are your best friend, it’s all about texture & control. Have a few in the bathroom like a leave in conditioner, sea salt spray and a paste or light creme styler.
Once the hair is dry a few pumps of sea salt at the roots will add movement and texture. If it’s getting a little fly away or frizzy try a light creme on the ends or a few pumps of leave in conditioner will sort that out fairly fast.
Now just because you want it to look like you haven’t done it, don’t think you don’t have to do anything! In fact you still need to be visiting the salon every 6-8 weeks it’s important to maintain the foundation and condition of your hair.