Summer Ready Hair
While we all thought that Summer was here for the past month or two well guess what, its officially summer in 48 hours and there is more heat heading our way! When it comes to our hair and skin we all suffer from dehydration and no matter what we all read about drinking lots of water at times it becomes difficult for whatever excuse we can come up with be it too busy or plain forgot. I am sure that most people think about their hair hydration only once they are in the salon ( unless your one of the rare ones and in that case congratulations ).
We thought we would make your life easier by giving you a few helpful hints that is far greater than doing a name sake “hair spa” to make sure your hair is at its peak and not like a dried up prawn.
- Hair Spa typically is a glorified conditioner, a conditioner closes the cuticle and in doing so will make your hair look and feel better however its temporary. You need to condition every time you shampoo, open the cuticle you have to close it.
- A massage will relax you, it won’t do anything else, especially for your hair. Yes it helps with circulation, however so does a full body massage but neither is going to brings miracles.
- Oiling your hair- well this is a Myth buster! Oil and water don’t mix right? Your hair is dead before it leaves your scalp, Oil doesn’t penetrate into the skin does it? Now if that isn’t enough think about adding oil on your body and standing out in the sun, it would make your skin burn right? YES same goes with your hair, even if you wash it off there is always a fine layer of residue left which will increase the heat internally and then causing dehydration.
- Serum – Easy answer is YES, always after you have washed and conditioned, if you hair goes flat then your using the wrong serum or too much!
- Leave in conditioner, again if its too heavy then change the one your using. Every time you shampoo and condition and use serum then a leave in conditioner.
- Shampoo Everyday? With extra heat comes perspiration, if you don’t remove that from your scalp then it can create bacteria on your scalp and therefore effect the growth. You should be using a shampoo and conditioner for your hair, if its colored then a sulphate free shampoo to reduce the color fading. Always use a conditioner. 150-200 hairs falling out per day is NORMAL.
- Always comb your hair with a wide tooth comb when you have the conditioner in, while your in the shower.
If this doesn’t set things straight then please go and read it again or come visit us!
011 410 10011
Now Open in Meherchand Market