Is your bath plug is full of hair?
You end up picking up what seems like handfuls of hair every time you shampoo your hair? Are you suffering from sudden hair loss? Do you think if this continues you will be bald by mid next week?
Stop acting like a baby, your not going to be bald any time soon let’s help explain the facts based on science and not on trying to rename a treatment or shampoo as “hair loss”. We get asked daily about hair loss and to be honest a lot of salons, product companies etc make a lot ( I mean a LOT ) of money with hair fall specific treatments or products that do didly squat ( nothing ) to your hair.
- You have approx 100,000-150,000 hairs on your head at any given point
- Your normal shedding of hair is approx 100-125 per day
- If you shower every third day then when you wash you will see 300-375 hairs in your hands because each day it’s been falling but stuck in amoungst the other hair.
- Conditioner does NOT make your hair fall out, it closes the cuticle and hence makes the loose hair slip out
- Washing it daily not only won’t make it fall out but WILL help keep your scalp clean
- Hair fall shampoo’s…. use a Sulfate free shampoo good for everyone, color or no color, keratin or no keratin. It’s low in detergent and gentle on scalp.
- Hair loss increases in seasons so whilst it may increase in short term long term it will settle.
- Medicine if your body has a deficiency however 100-125 is normal and no medicine will stop that.
- Water quality can cause hair fall yes, only real solution is washing in filtered water
- Putting any oil on your scalp is a complete waste of time and in fact can increase hair fall by altering the ph level of your scalp. It’s never reccomended and is one of those tales handed down generation after generation.
- Can anything increase hair growth? NO you an try standing in a bucket of water thinking it will help you increase your height, chances are if enough people said it worked you may try it.
There now clean the drain get some Sulfate free products, put the oil in the kitchen and cancel your “specialist” appointment lol