How Hairdressers will get you selfie ready
In a world where everyone needs to be insta-ready, phone manufacturers selling phones just because of their selfie mode is better than others it makes sense that your hair gets it’s A game on and is photo ready 24/7.
Before you download every photo filter app let’s get a few basics on for your hair to get you channelling Pro vibes.
1. Still stuck on “too placed” hair? It sends uptight vibes and looks posed. Let it be a little free, of course if it looks like you have just been shagged in the back of a car then give it a little lick and pat down.
2. Color plays a big part of the photo, if your hair is dark then make sure there is ample light hitting it ( preferably filtered light ). If the light is coming from behind a dark Color can throw off red or gold and look a little off.
3. Has to be said, having a feed full of side comb-over style flips may give the impression that your hair is either thin on the top or you just don’t know what to do with it.
4. No one wears the same clothes month after month or year after year ( well we all have our favourite pieces that we just do but those are exceptions) your hair should evolve and change even if it’s a slight change.
5. Try playing around with braids and styling products before you get your phone out and try something different, who knows you just may like it.
6. Speak to your hairstylist & get a session on options for your length on styling. Most haircuts can be worn several ways with very little effort.
7. Keep it in top condition and this doesn’t mean weekly visits for ” hair spa’s” this means a constructive dialogue with your hairstylist on Maintainence and condition. At times it can be just adding one product to your routine.
8. Try it completely natural, it’s a fact that hair when cut well, will sit well and move beautifully. There is something carelessly perfect about letting it be free!
9. Have fun, try out some accessories. It could be hair clips, scarves, embellished headbands, coloured bands & elastics add a fun element to your look.
10. As basic as it sounds if you’re like most people your camera lens may be dusty or have finger prints on it so make sure it’s clean before you start clicking away!
Just like styling there are rules but they need to be broken to know what feels right when it comes to your own photos. Make sure it’s fun and not forced. Having an in-depth discussion with your hairstylist with your expectations on what you want your hair to do will get you on the right track.
Products you need!
Alfa Parf cristali liquid – shine and tame the frizz
Label M – resurrection dust for more volume than a Led Zeplin concert.
Label M – dry shampoo because you never know when you need to have a quick freshen up.