Healthy choices for your hair
With a large shift globally of us all choosing more natural food, less processed and more organic and ethically produced produce it only makes sense at some point we question our hair choices. So many myths, blogs, advice and DIY information out there that almost always contradicts itself.
Here is my tips for things you can stop, start or continue depending on what your currently doing.
1. Shampoo choice – depending on the state of your hair, if you have color, damage, fine, thick etc etc but a sulfate free shampoo or one that is low in sulfate like “organic” by Label M is ideal. Will cleanse gently but not strip color or moisture. Once a week using a deep cleansing shampoo to remove any pollution or impurities is a must also. Keeping in mind when you shampoo you must condition every time ( just your hair ) shampoo daily or very least alternate days.
2. Rebonding is in my opinion one of the most aggressive things you can do to your hair and creates a nightmare long term for both styling as well as Maintainence. Alternative is Keratin ( fermaldehyde free) we use Global Keratin.
3. Regular trims, yes 6-8 weeks and if the thought scares you is probly to do with the scissor happy hairdresser you go to so change. Removing and split ends is essential for healthy looking & behaving hair.
4. The most over used word in Asia is HAIR SPA peeps understand majority are beautifully packaged conditioners. You need protein and moisture and treatment will do that so repairing damage is part of the purpose and a lot simply can’t do that. We use ALFA Parf linseed treatment and Olaplex.
5. Styling, a lot of hairstylist burn, pull when styling your hair and this if done weekly will create damage that only scissors can remove. A blow dry should never really be felt let alone be painful.
If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you already have. Hair you love starts with a few choices by you.